Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Change. Confusion. Inspiration.

Have you ever made a grand outline of a project or even a simple narrative, only to begin that project or piece of writing and completely re-route yourself as your typing?  It's as if your hands and brain are not completely connected.  Tonight, my hands are typing and my brain continues to argue about what to write.  Hands say "just do it", while brain says "maybe we need to think about it, maybe write another plan?"

I wanted to do this post originally as a practice round for my final product.   My original plan was to create an infographic outlining the main events of this process with a link to my blog, photos, etc.  However, after tonight's CTEPS session, I'm considering this blog to be my main product with the other pieces (infographics, videos, podcasts, images, etc.) as posts!  Maybe?! So now I'm not sure what my next steps are?

In the beginning of my project, I wanted to create a system within the co-teaching classroom I was in that allowed for 2 years growth for the students within that classroom.  They needed it.  Because of the work completed in that classroom, my principal began working with me to spread and research ways to scale ideas throughout the building so that all students needing that much growth could experience it.  When that started happening, the district leadership began asking how can we scale these ideas so that all students in our district experience this level of growth.

To say I've been inspired is an understatement.  Inspired by colleague teachers willing to take on innovative ideas, administrators and district level leadership willing to jump in with both feet to help me understand this project, and the support of coaches and teachers from across the state in my CTEPS group to help someone they barely knew because education is their passion.

I've been completely changed by this process and usually I can see that coming or have made plans for that to happen.  So, as I type, my brain is still going "What is happening?  How is this all happening?" while my hands are confident enough to say "It's happening because it is.  Accept it.  Keep it going."






No comments:

Post a Comment