Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Leadership


When you begin your day looking at these faces and asked: 

"Which leader do you most identify with? 
Which leader do you least identify with?

you know it's going to be a pretty inspirational day.  



I have Mother Teresa quotes posted all over my office space, (which leads me to add a quality to her list of that she sees the best and believes the best in all people) I tune into Steve Jobs videos to listen  to him speak, I read and listen to Oprah with urgency; yet, while most people in the room were able to immediately circle their choices, I had a difficult time with the decision.  The truth is, I'm not sure.  We had ten minutes to decide.  Instead of deciding, I couldn't help but get excited at the awe I feel for each of these people.  It's almost like someone went into my head and pulled all the people out that inspire me.  I started listing the qualities of each person that I want to emulate, but I couldn't at all feel strong enough in my leadership ways to decide that I actually identify with any of them.  Me?  Compared to one of these people?   Maybe I'm over thinking, maybe I can blame indecisiveness of the pregnancy ...but ultimately upon given leadership opportunities I hope that I am or I become my own picture on this page.  Hopefully, I can encompass what inspires me about each of these people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment